Happy Friday all! You’ve made it through another week 🙂 Now you can sit back, relax, and enjoy today’s recipe. It may only be the first week of February, but Valentine’s day is fast approaching. As a way to get into the spirit, I found a recipe on Pinterest (where else?) of strawberry chocolate chip cookies, and they look DE-LISH!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
The traditional chocolate chip cookies with a twist of strawberry flavour throughout.
1 box strawberry cake mix 1 tspn baking powder
2 large eggs 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
1/2 tspn vanilla extract 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand.
5. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone.
6. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop rounded balls of dough, about 2 Tbls each, onto prepared baking sheet.
8. Stick a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls if you want them for looks, if desired. Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide, as they will expand.
9. Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown.
10. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first.
**As they cool, the tops may settle down; press them down gently with your fingers if they are not sinking much. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.