Hi lovlies! HAPPY FRIDAY!! I can’t believe we’re just about done with January already. I know Valentine’s day is quite a bit away, but it’s never too early to bring out some red foods. Today’s Food Friday post is a recipe on Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins. Hope they’re as scrumptious as they look!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Cream cheese flavoured muffins with strawberry chunks topped with fresh strawberries and streusal.
2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tspn baking powder 1/2 tspn salt
1 large egg 1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup whole milk 1 tspn vanilla extract
2 cups strawberries, chopped
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
4 oz cream cheese, softened 1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbspof beaten egg 1 tspn vanilla extract
Streusel Topping Ingredients
1/4 cup all purpose flour 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tspn cinnamon 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the cold butter and mix with a fork until the mixture looks like coarse, wet sand. Set aside.
Cream Cheese Filling Directions
1. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy (about two minutes).
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Set aside.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, canola oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture. Stir until just incorporated.
4. Fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon of muffin batter. Add a few pieces of strawberries and a one teaspoon of cream cheese filling to each muffin cup.
5. Sprinkle with half of the streusel topping. Top the muffins with remaining batter so the strawberry cream cheese filling is covered.
6. Sprinkle the remaining strawberries followed by the remaining streusel topping.
7. Bake muffins until the tops are slightly golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes.