Hi lovies! Although this is primarily considered a “health” blog, I think it’s good to treat yourself to something every once and a while. So, to kick off my first “Food Friday”, today’s post will be another cupcake recipe! (I don’t know if you tried out the last recipe, but this is also from Sprinkle With Murder (amazing book, check it out!).
Lemon cakes topped with raspberry buttercream frosting, rolled in pink sugar. Makes 24
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened 3 cups flour
2 cups gradulated sugar, divided 1/2 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs, at room temp 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup gradulated lemon zest 6-8 large lemons
1 tsp salt 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temp 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
*Tip: substitute 1 cup oil for butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 5 minutes).
3. With the mixer on medium speed, add eggs one at a time, and lemon zest.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. In another bowl, combine lemon juice, buttermilk, and vanilla.
6. Add flour and buttercream mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with flour.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
Raspberry Buttercream Ingredients
1/2 cup fresh, washed raspberries 4 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening 1 stick butter, softened
Raspberry Buttercream Directions
1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter.
2. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides of bowl often.
3. Add berries until they are all blended.
4. Cover with a damp cloth until ready for use.
**Tip: To give as a fun gift, layer the cake in a mason jar and play around with the recipe!