Hi lovelies! Mondays always seem to be sucky. It’s the end of the weekend, having to go back to school, and there’s not even any good shows on. Despite all of that misfortune, I seem to have passed this awful start to a week because yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the amazing, precious, (and mysterious) All Is Good!
In the few short months that I’ve been blogging on WordPress, I’ve come to notice the Liebster Award trend going around, but never really paying much attention to what it was. Here’s an explaination (from All Is Good) and some simple rules for the Liebster Award nominations.
- It is not a competition. It is more like a chain letter, forwarded between small-time bloggers in order to give them some recognition and so everyone can discover some amazing blogs that have been over-looked.
- The word “liebster” is German has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, valued & more.
- This is a small but great thing to receive, so breaking the chain would be really rude (who would want to anyway?!)
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog as an outlet for my creative side. I’ve been blogging for 4 years now and decided to finally start to write about my passion, fashion and beauty, opposed to the humor-typed I was accustomed to.
What has been your favourite blog post to write?
My favorite blog post, so far, has been the What I Got For My Birthday tag. The pictures are so vibrant and the writing and explanations are adorable; it’s 100% me.
What are some of your favourite brands?
I really like Simple skincare, St. Ives, and Cetaphil for my face. Essie and Elf for my nails. And Forever 21, amongst many others (the list is pretty much endless) for fashion.
QUICK! You’re late… you have your phone, keys and purse.. what 3 other things do you need?
My EOS lip balm (currently vanilla mint thanks to Dayana!), mascara (I’m a mess without it!), and my favourite mini fragrance (currently Viva La Juicy).
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
It’s funny because I was literally just counting these on Saturday whilst cleaning out my closet. Once I got to 11 I kind of gave up counting and just concentrated on the cleaning. Although I don’t know the exact number, I think it’s safe to say I need to get rid of some. 😛
What is a habit you need to break?
For some unknown reason, I always pick off my nail polish after a few days of wear, instead of using polish remover… I have no idea why..? o.0
Favourite piece of clothing?
My neon pajama shirt (seen in Birthday post). From Target!
What is something you really want to buy… but you’re still unsure?
Okay, here comes my inner fangirl. I really want to get the Our Moment by One Direction perfume. Perfumes are kind of my obsession right now.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I’m hoping to have a degree in Communications & Journalism, with my own talk show. I feel like it would be great; I love entertaining!
What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
When I have so many thoughts and try to write them down, it gets overwhelming to try to get it all done to perfection, whilst still sounding professional. Yeah.. I highly doubt that anyone would classify this blog as professional. #Goals
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I don’t think I really have a favourite thing. I love the overall experience that blogging gives me. It’s so unique, I think everyone deserves to have that experience in their lives. Blogging is for everyone, and that’s what I love about it.
2 Classy Sisters, Abigail Emily, The Beautified Blogger, Confessions of a Beauty Boy, Mysterious Beauties, Model & More, Chocolate Frost, Vicki Meigh, The Styled Wife, Advice of Beauty, and Aroon Melane (sorry, I know you have over 200 followers, but I like REALLY love your blog!).
1. How did you come up with your blogging username?
2. If you had to chose one, what’s more important in your life: beauty , health, or fashion?
3. What’s one event you would love to go to?
4. Celebrity inspiration?
5. What are your goals of 2015?
6. What’s your favourite season and why?
7. What’s your dream vacation?
8. How did you spend your holidays?
9. Where do you see this blog taking you this next year?
10. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
11. One thing you can’t leave the house without?