Hi lovelies! I don’t know about you, but I love a good mystery; I live for CSI and mystery books. A couple of years ago I read a book called Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay. Not to give too much away, but it’s a murder mystery based in a cupcake shop involving two childhood bestfriends (and also business partners), Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura. As much as I love the story, that isn’t the main point of this post. In the end there are a few recipes McKinlay published, and I wanted to share them with you!
Death By Chocolate
Dark chocolate ganache on a chocolate cupcake with chocolate chips (Yes, a lot of chocolate!)
1 1/3 cups flour 2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda 1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder 3 tbsp butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs, at room temp
3/4 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup milk
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
**TIP: Use oil instead of butter. It comes out smoother and stays moist for longer!**
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well blended.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture alternately with the milk. Beat well.
6. Add chocolate chips/
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
2 cups dark chocolate chips 2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1. Place chips in a large bowl.
2. Pour cream into saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, pour over chips.
3. Let stand for a minute or two, then whisk until smooth.
4. Scrape bottom of bowl ocassionally.
5. Stir in vanilla extract until well blended.
6. Plastic wrap the top of the bowl until ganache reaches room tempterature.
**Take your own twist on this and tag me so I can see it!